Monday, January 21, 2013

Start Early: Saving for Christmas!


A friend of mine sent me this chart, and I can't NOT share it. It's a simple and doable plan for saving money, a little at the time, and having enough at the end of the year to take the financial strain off of Christmas. I should have posted this the second I received it, but just go ahead and put $10 in a piggy bank (I made one out of an empty oatmeal container and hot-glued the lid on), then start saving at "week five." Even print a copy of the chart and adhere it to your bank, checking off the weeks as you save. And you certainly don't have to save in the order listed. If it's easier to start with the $50 weeks and work your way down, or skip around according to your paychecks, or add up the total and divide it by 52 weeks and save the same amount every week - whatever works for you. Just save something, and don't touch it! I'm really gonna try to do this!




No comments:

Post a Comment