Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I miss her


Be forewarned. This is not a happy entry. I miss my grandmother. Every single day, I miss her. Today's an especially hard day for some reason. It goes back and forth like that. I know it's selfish to want her back, but I really can't help it today. Today, I need her. I need to be able to go sit at her kitchen table and hear her voice. Hear her encouragement. Hear she's praying for me and feel it. She was such a tangible source of God's love for me. I know he loves me even though she's not here, but it was always easier to grasp it when she was.

I love her so much, and today I need her.


2 comments:

  1. Enough time has passed that some days I barely think about it, then other days I feel like I can't breathe it hurts so much...grief is weird. What do you think she would say to you right now if she read this blog entry??? I don't know the answer. I just wonder what she would say...from her new and incredible perspective.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She'd say, "Sara Anne, don't you wish for me! I'm where I'm supposed to be, and one day soon you all will be with me." But I don't like being on this side of waiting...

    ReplyDelete